Our History

In 1955, the general contracting firm of Grunley, Walsh and Blanche, Inc. was founded by Martin Grunley, William Walsh and Thomas Blanche. In 1961, the company was renamed Grunley Walsh Construction Company, Inc. In 1974, Kenneth Grunley (Ken), son of Martin Grunley, joined the firm. In 1986, Ken Grunley became a Vice President of the firm and two years later, in 1988, Grunley Construction Company, Inc. was formed. Currently, Ken Grunley serves as Chief Executive Officer while B.H. Scott, II (Chip) serves as President.

Today, Grunley is a full-service, award-winning construction firm with expertise in high-profile, complex projects for both public and private sector customers. Headquartered in the Washington metropolitan area, Grunley specializes in building new facilities as well as additions, renovations, restorations and modernizations of large-scale commercial, institutional and government buildings, including offices, multi-family residential facilities, universities/schools, courthouses, laboratories, performing arts centers, embassies, monuments and museums. Our annual revenues are in excess of $560 million and our bonding capacity is $1.5 billion aggregate.